Summarised price breakdown of the top medical schools that offer dentistry in English in Romania.
Romania is home to world-class dental universities, many of which offer dentistry courses for international students. The dental programmes in the country last 6 years, and the academic year generally begins at the end of September or the start of October. The undergraduate dentistry courses in the country are designed to meet the requirements of the European Union and provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to become qualified dentists anywhere in the world.
Our expert advisors at Medlink Students can provide you with all the information you need to apply to dental universities in Romania and significantly increase your chance of acceptance. Sign up a free consultation as your first step toward becoming a successful dental practitioner.
We have compiled a list of the top 6 dental schools in Romania that offer dental programmes in English that are ideal for international students.
1. Titu Maiorescu University of Bucharest is a modern, Bucharest-based institution of higher learning. It was founded in 1990, making it a relatively young university. Despite that, the establishment has already earned a reputation for excellence due to its emphasis on innovative student-centred education, interdisciplinary research, and overall efficiency. The university is proud of its welcoming and supportive atmosphere, which provides students with various extracurricular activities and resources to ensure a well-rounded and enjoyable learning experience.
The yearly tuition fee for the dental school of Titu Maiorescu University is €7500 for EU students and €9500 for non-EU undergraduates. To get admitted to this dental university, you will need to participate in an entrance exam. It will consist of 60 multiple-choice questions, of which 40 will be in Biology, and you are given a choice between Chemistry and Physics for the other 20. In 2023, the exam will be held online.
Additionally, you will be assessed based on your academic record from high school, and you will need to prove your English proficiency via relevant certification, like TOEFL, Cambridge, or IELTS. The application fee is around , and the total number of seats available for international students is 45.
2. University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova is one of Romania’s most prestigious medical universities, with a long history of academic excellence and healthcare innovation. The establishment was founded in 1970 and has been committed to providing students with a world-class education while preparing them for successful careers in the healthcare industry. The medical school places a strong emphasis on research, with state-of-the-art facilities and experienced faculty who are experts in their respective fields.
The tuition fee for the dental school is annually, and the spots are limited to 30 places. The admission process doesn’t include an entrance exam; instead, you will be assessed based on your high school grades, end-of-the-year exams, and English proficiency. A minimum level of B2 English is required to study at the dental university, and the application fee is .
3. Victor Babes University of Medicine of Timisoara was founded in 1944 in Timisoara. It is a distinguished higher education institution with a proven track record of training exceptional medical and dental practitioners. The university is named after Victor Babes, a prominent Romanian microbiologist and immunologist who made crucial contributions to the fields of microbiology and infectious diseases. The dental school is known for providing excellent comprehensive programs, which include both theoretical and practical parts, rigorously preparing students for their respective careers.
The annual tuition fee is , and the seats for the English dentistry programme are limited to 25 for EU citizens and 5 for non-EU applicants. To get admitted to this esteemed dental university, you will need to sit a competitive entrance exam consisting of 50 Biology questions, as well as a multiple-choice English test. In 2023, both of these assessments will be held online, and if accepted, you will be required to pay a reservation fee.
4. Iuliu Hartieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj is one of Romania's oldest and most prestigious medical institutions. It was founded in 1872 in the beautiful city of Cluj-Napoca. The medical school is named after the renowned physician and professor Iuliu Hatieganu, who has established several esteemed institutions and made notable contributions in the fields of tuberculosis research and physical education. The dental university is committed to maintaining a modern first-rate education while providing a welcoming environment to the next generation of healthcare professionals.
The tuition fee at The Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy is per year, and the admission fee is . To get admitted, prospective students need to have good grades in Biology, Chemistry and a third subject in their high school certificate. Applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to prove their language proficiency by sitting an exam. The seats for the dentistry programme in English at the dental medical school are limited to 35 spots for EU students and 15 for non-EU ones.
5. Ovidius University Constanta, located in the coastal city of Constanta, is a contemporary and dynamic institution of higher education. Established in 1961, the institution is named after the renowned Roman poet Ovid, who spent his final years in exile in nearby Tomis. The dental university is famous for its exceptional quality of teaching and abundance of student-development resources. The medical university is dedicated to preparing its undergraduates for successful careers in numerous fields, including dentistry.
The annual tuition at this dental school is . There are no entrance exams; however, prospective students will be assessed based on their grades from high school and their respective end-of-year examinations. Additionally, you will need to prove your English proficiency by taking part in a language exam. Still, applicants that already have the necessary certification or are coming from English-speaking countries don’t need to sit the examination. The application fee to the Ovidius University dental course in English is .
6. Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine of Iasi is a highly-respected medical institution that was established in 1879. It is located in the scenic city of Iasi and is named after the Romanian physician Grigore T. Popa, who made crucial contributions in the fields of histology and pathology. The dental school is known for its commitment to providing outstanding education and producing excellent healthcare professionals. It is also well-regarded for its rigorous teaching methods, state-of-the-art facilities and contributions to new research.
The tuition fees are per year. There is no entrance exam for the English-taught dentistry course, and the seats for the programme are limited to 70 students. Prospective candidates are assessed based on their previous academic records and English proficiency.
If you need assistance deciding which outstanding dental schools to apply to, our expert advisors are always available to answer your questions. Medlink Students specialises in assisting students to gain admission to their desired dental school with a 100% guarantee.
To apply to these dental schools, international students must meet the university's admission requirements, which may include submitting proof of academic credentials, passing an entrance exam, and demonstrating English proficiency. Each institution has its own admissions process, so it is essential to understand the prerequisites of the dental university to which you will be applying.
Want to know what your chances are to enter a dental school in Romania? We'll review your case and explain everything on the way to your academic life:
Romania has become a popular destination for international students wishing to study dentistry abroad in Europe due in part to the modest tuition fees and living expenses, especially when compared to other European countries.
The tuition fees vary depending on the respective dental school you will be applying for. The prices range from to € per year., placing Romania among the most affordable countries in the European Union to get an internationally recognised dentistry degree.
A benefit of studying dentistry in Romania is that students can maintain a high quality of life while paying for moderate living expenses. This makes the nation a desirable option for international students seeking quality dental education in English. Naturally, the cost of living varies based on the student's city and lifestyle; however, we have compiled an estimate of the average monthly expenses associated with living in Romania.
Please keep in mind that the average rent is based on living in a studio or flat, and that there are cheaper options, such as student dormitories and hostels.
Presently, no Romanian dental universities offer English-language graduate entry to dentistry programmes in English. However, you can contact our expert advisors at Medlink Students for assistance in finding the right course if you are interested in studying via graduate entry.
We have put together a list of some of the most valuable practical benefits and reasons to study dentistry in Romania:
Aside from the impeccable reputation of the country’s medical universities, the outstanding dentistry programmes, and the affordable costs of studying in the country, there is a wide range of lifestyle advantages associated with studying abroad in Romania:
In addition to essential practical benefits, studying dentistry in Romania in English allows students to experience a rich cultural heritage, beautiful cities, delectable cuisine, a rich choice of outdoor activities, and convenient travel options.
While enrolled in their respective dentistry programme, international students will receive an affordable education of the highest calibre. Romanian universities offer high-quality education that meets the strict requirements of the European Union, thanks to their modern facilities and experienced faculty.
Studying dentistry in Romania can prepare students for a successful career in the field by giving them a chance to gain valuable clinical experience and treat a variety of patients. In conclusion, enrolling in a dentistry programme in the country is a strong and attractive option for those seeking a high-quality education, outstanding practical training, and fantastic career opportunities.
If you are ready to kickstart your career in dentistry by applying to one of the excellent dental programmes in Romania, our expert advisors at Medlink Students are specialists in guiding students toward success. Feel free to contact us through the form below to sign up for a free consultation, where we tell you everything you need to know to get accepted to the university of your dreams.
Yes, it will be. For your peace of mind, we recommend you check with your local medical council as well. A simple call should suffice.
It depends on which university you choose. Some universities require you to pass an entrance test while others rank you based on your high-school diploma sciences grades. It's best to contact our advisors for specific information.
The living costs in Romania are between €400 and €700.
No. The tuition fees are ranging from up to € 7500 per year.
Yes. Every Romanian medical university we work with offers a dentistry programme entirely in English for international students.
Studying dentistry in Romania is preferable to studying it in many Western countries. The quality of education and standards for dentists are the same, but the costs of tuition and the living expenses are significantly lower.
Generally, Carol Davila University of Medicine & Pharmacy, University of Medicine & Pharmacy Craiova and Titu Maiorescu University are considered the best medical universities in Romania. However, every university is different and tends to meet different student needs.
Yes. If you have stayed in Romania on a temporary residence permit for at least 5 years, you can apply for a residence permit. Dental education continues for six years, so most international medical students can remain in the country and practise dental medicine there.