Located in: Estonia
Established in 1951, the Estonian University of Life Sciences is considered one of the top universities in Europe. Located in the second biggest city in Estonia, it currently has five institutes, one of which for veterinary science. International students can partake in the program in English and earn a license that is recognised globally.
Estonian University of Life Sciences (EMU) was established in 1951, and nowadays, it has 5 institutes devoted to the environmental and life sciences. It is located in the city of Tartu. This school is the only higher education institution in Estonia that offers veterinary courses fully taught in English.
Tartu is the second-largest city in Estonia and is home to 2 prestigious universities. The town’s population is over 90,000 inhabitants, and more than 10% of them are students seeking excellent education.
EMU is not only one of the top European Universities, but it also ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in agriculture and forestry. Nowadays, the school offers an English course in veterinary medicine with a duration of 6 years.
Studying veterinary doesn’t only mean boring lectures and meeting cats and dogs. You will have the opportunity to see exotic animals and take part in their treatment. It is obligatory to practise in clinics during your course because you gain the credits necessary for successful graduation.
The Estonian University of Life Science doesn’t offer graduate entry and doesn’t accept student transfers.
University's address is Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwaldi 1a, 51014 Tartu, Estonia.
Contact us for FREE to learn more about your option to study veterinary medicine in Europe.
The tuition fee for a veterinary course is $10,050 per year.
All applicants at this university must have an English proficiency certificate at a level of at least B2.
The maximum ranking score at the Estonian University of Life Sciences is 50 points. The BMAT exam score of students can earn up to 40 points or 80% of the overall ranking. In addition, each candidate must provide a motivational letter which is another 20% of the ranking score.
The veterinary medicine course at the Estonian University of Life Sciences has full European accreditation and is evaluated by the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAVE).
Receiving a diploma from this university means you are eligible to practise everywhere around the world.
Estonian University of Life Sciences offers a dormitory for their international students providing good quality standards at a low cost. The building is situated near the campus and consists of single and double rooms with a private bathroom and a small kitchen.
The rent includes a place in the dorms and all the utilities. If you prefer a single room, your monthly rent will be €155. Double rooms cost €109 per person. All rooms are equipped with basic furniture, pillows, and blankets. Students must bring their towels, bed linen, and kitchen utensils.
Renting a private flat in Tartu costs between €290 and €400 per month, based on the location. Utilities and transportation cost no more than €250 monthly. Leisure time activities and food are up to your living standards and preferences, but around €350 would be enough.
The autumn term at the Estonian University of Life Sciences starts on the 1st of September and lasts until the end of January. The spring semester begins on the 1st of February and finishes in mid-June.
Examination periods are held at the end of each semester, right after the classes end.
The university is in Tartu, Estonia. The city lies on the Emajogi river, between Lake Peipus and Lake Vortsjarv. The school’s address is Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwaldi 1a, 51014 Tartu, Estonia.
No. Transfers are not possible for medical students.
No. Fast track medicine is not possible at this medical school.
The tuition fee for the veterinary medicine course is $10,050.
The university's medical graduates get international recognition of their degrees. The World Health Organisation recognises it through its World Directory of Medical Schools. In addition, the UK General Medical Council also recognises the university.
Yes. You can study veterinary medicine in English.
Yes. Students should pass the BMAT examination.
The BMAT examination is 80% of the total ranking score for admission. There is also a motivational letter for the remaining 20%. The total admission ranking points are 50.
The school year starts on the 1st of September.
The application deadline is on the 2nd of May for non-EU students. EU students can wait until the 31st of May.