About the Acibadem University in Istanbul, Turkey
|Country: Istanbul, Turkey||Tuition Fees: €10,500 - €17,500||Living Costs: €500 - €700|
|Courses: Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Science||Entrance exam: No||Graduate Entry:  No|
Acibadem University was established in 2007 in Istanbul, Turkey. Istanbul is the largest town in Turkey and in Europe in terms of population and is Turkey’s economic, cultural and historic centre. A curious fact about Istanbul is that it’s a transcontinental town with parts in both Europe and Asia, divided by the Bosporus strait.
Acibadem University is solely dedicated to health sciences and comprises the following faculties:
- School of Medicine – where you can study medicine in English and the education program consists of 3 phases. Phase one is basic and clinical sciences, phase two is clinical internships and phase three is internships.
- Faculty of Pharmacy – where you will acquire knowledge in all fields of pharmaceutical sciences – academic, medical industry, hospital, independent pharmacy, cosmetics/herbal/dermatological products and more.
- Faculty of Health Sciences – where you will become a health care professional with a scientific mind, and help improve health care services for the population.
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences – where you will study molecular biology, genetics, psychology, and sociology and make the world a better place.
- Faculty of Engineering – where you will aim to create technology to increase the quality of human life thanks to data processing, medical engineering, robotics, and more.
One of Acibadem University’s primary missions is to be a strongly research-oriented university. That’s why they invest in top-notch medical equipment for their laboratories, where students become masters in life sciences and biotechnology fields.
Acibadem University boasts one of the most comprehensive medical training centres in the world – CASE (Center of Advanced Sımulation and Education). It consists of Clinical Simulation and Advanced Endoscopic / Robotic Surgery Training departments. With its remarkable medical simulation modalities and technological infrastructure, CASE provides students with advanced training in laparoscopy, robotic surgery, dissection training and more.
Are you still wondering if you should apply for Acibadem University? Consider the following solid reasons why you definitely should:
- Fast-developing and modern educational programmes
- University devoted to medicine and science
- Research-focused, where freedom and experimentation are more than welcome
- Experienced academic staff
- State of the art training facilities
- Close cooperation with Acibadem Healthcare Group, leader of private hospitals in Turkey and worldwide
The university is located at Kayışdağı Cad. No:32 Ataşehir, Istanbul.
Acibadem University Medicine Tuition Fees
All the programmes below are taught in English and their tuitions fees per year are as follows:
- Medicine – €17,500
- Pharmacy – €10,500
- Medical Engineering – €8,750
- Molecular Biology and Genetics – €8,750
- Psychology – €7,000
- Nutrition and Dietetics – €7,000
- Nursing – €6,200
Acibadem University offers student accommodation in its dormitories which are close to the campus. There’s a girls dormitory with a total bed capacity of 260, with 86 3-people rooms. All of them are 3-people units. On the 15th floor, there are 2 4-people rooms. The boys’ dormitory consists of 72 double rooms, amounting to 144 beds total. Every room is equipped with everything essential to make you feel at home, including air conditioning, TV and Internet, desks, and more.
The accommodation fee covers breakfast which is served every weekday in the university cafeteria. Cleaning services are performed regularly by facility management. There are 24/7 laundromats and the reception is also available 24/7 to tend to your needs.
Since securing a dormitory room might be a tough challenge, you might also consider renting a one-bedroom flat. Prices are fairly low, ranging from €150 – €300 per month. Add €400 per month tops for other living expenses and you will have an idea of how much it would cost to study in Istanbul.
As for free time, it’s needless to say that it would be impossible to get bored in Istanbul. You can never get enough of Istanbul, there’s everything for everybody. It’s a town with rich cultural traditions and history, depicted in numerous museums, palaces, monuments, mosques, churches, and more. If you’re in for a shopping spree, try the local markets, or the Grand Bazaar, comprising more than 5,000 shops! Istanbul also has a vibrant nightlife, with hundreds of clubs with DJs or live music. Because it’s a huge town there’s a high chance you get to see your favourite artists touring here.
Admission & Entry Requirements for Acibadem University Turkey
The admission period is between 3rd February 2020 – 17th August 2020. There’s no entry exam in Biology, Chemistry, or any subjects related to those two. However, you must have scored enough in one of the following exams or diplomas:
|SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)||SAT (Evidence-based Reading/Writing/Math – 1100 total score|
|GCE A Level||2 A-levels, Minimum C grade|
You can also apply with your national high-school diploma. You must have at least 90/100 for medicine and at least 60/100 for other programmes.
You will also have to provide an English proficiency certificate. If you don’t have one, then you will have to take the University’s English test.
At Medlink Students, we specialise in maximising your chance to get admitted in medical school. We can ease your application process, support you throughout your entire education, and help you practise as a doctor in the UK.
Speak to a Graduate from Acibadem University Now
University Term Dates
The fall semester usually starts in mid-September and lasts until around 20th December. Two or three days later you have your examination session which lasts until the 25th of December. Winter break is usually from 30.12 until 10.01 next year.
Spring semester begins in mid-January and lasts until the end of April. You have your spring session exams at the beginning of May. Then you have a short summer semester which lasts 1 month, in June, followed by a short examination period of 2 days.
Acibadem University Medicine Curriculum & Syllabus
Since the curriculum for the academic year 2020/2021 is not live yet, please refer to last year’s document, just to get an idea of what you are about to study.
The Acibadem University in Istanbul is recognised all over the world (GMC included) and presents many career opportunities in the realm of health sciences.